Our Marriage Policy is inclusive, and we are working on being recognized as an Affirming Congregation. We are all made in God’s Image and by a God who loves us. You are our family and we are your family.
This Week’s Activities ~ September 26th – October 3rd
10:00 AM Worship
7:00 PM Discussion Group via Zoom. Call the church for link (902-435-3644)
10:00 AM There will be weekly Devotions on the United Churches for Dartmouth Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/groups/470907990018928
Noon – 1:00 PM Paul will be at the Church to pick up items for the Food Bank.
Deal of the Week – Wal Mart – 10 lbs Potatoes – $2.44
10:00 AM Worship – World Wide Communion
11:00 AM Fellowship after Worship – The link will be posted in the Chat.
DATES FOR THE CALENDAR
- Fellowship after Worship – Sunday October 3rd via Zoom. The link will be posted in the Chat.
- Coffee Break with The Rev. – Thursday October 7th at 10 am via Zoom. Call the Church for the link (902-435-3644)
- Book Sale – Friday Oct 15th to Sunday Oct 17th
- Turkey Dinner – Saturday November 6th. (Takeout only)
VIRTUAL CHURCH!!! Register at www.portwallisunitedchurch.ca/virtual
If you would like to receive the “enews,” please sign up online – https://portwallisunitedchurch.ca/enews
If you are wrestling with isolation, loneliness or need to speak to someone, call the church answering machine 902-435-3644 and we will be in contact with you as soon as we get the message.
Please help us keep the lines of communication open. We would appreciate calls (902-435-3644) or emails (email@example.com) to the office with information about the joys and crises of our people; so that we can respond. The Church’s answering machine is checked on a regular basis.
PRAYER CIRCLE IN OUR CONGREGATION
If you want to add someone to our prayer circle, please let us know at the office (902-435-3644). As well, if someone is in the hospital, please let us know. In your prayers, remember Reta, Mary, Joan, Johnny, John, Daryl, Pat, Kaye, Woody, Janie, Dexter, Georgie, Dana, Ann and Marion.
The Congregation is reminded that at 10:00 AM every day we are asked to remember each other in a Period of Prayer. This will keep us in spiritual Communion.
OFFERINGS TO THE CHURCH
= E-transfer – firstname.lastname@example.org – This is a quick and fantastic way to support the work of your Church Community.
= PAR, Pre-Authorized Remittance – Great way to support your Church on a monthly basis.
= cheques to the Church Office – 263 Waverley Road, Dartmouth, NS B2X 2C8
Always the old faithful way of supporting your Church’s work.
= via online donation through Canada Helps. Visit this link and donate – https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/port-wallis-united-church
If you have items for the newsletter, please email them to the office by Monday, October 4th
We are reaching out to see if someone in the Congregation would be interested in managing our Facebook Page to engage with more people in the community. Please contact the Church by phone or email –
902-435-3644 or email@example.com. Thank you for considering this ministry for Port Wallis.
The dates are Friday, October 15th 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Saturday, October 16th 9:30 – Noon and Sunday, October 17th 11:30 – 1:30 pm.
- Please save your gently used books, records, puzzles, comic books, CD’s and DVD’s for our Fall book sale.
- Books can be dropped off at the Church starting Tuesday, October 12th during office hours from 9:00 am – Noon. Set up will be Thursday evening, please give the Church a call 902-435-3644 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with the Book Sale.
- We regret that we can’t accept any magazines, text books, National Geographics or Encyclopedias. Please do not include any books that have signs of dirt, mould or are missing covers. Puzzles should be complete or marked with what’s missing.
The Beautification Committee is looking for a gently used Christmas tree, approximately 7ft, with or without lights for the Advent/Christmas seasons. Give the church a call (902-434-3644), if you have a tree to donate.
Remember WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN, WEAR A MASK, eat healthily, and call a friend. God is with us. We are not alone.