Here is our Entrance Policy followed by the Questions you will be asked at the door when entering for “In Person Worship” at Port Wallis United Church.
After careful and prayerful consideration along with much discussion, the Session of Port Wallis has decided on the following Entrance Policy as of November 24, 2021.
During Advent, please call to register for IN-Person Services for the Special Advent services.
Because Christ calls us to seek the health and welfare of all people, especially the fearful and anxious, and for the maximum safety of all people who are in our care and in our employ; therefore to attend “in-person Worship” the following guidelines are to be followed.
- It is our expectation that if you are attending “in-Person Worship Services” and because you care for the health of the other members in our congregation that, therefore, you are doubly vaccinated before entering the Building. Therefore, we will require “Proof of Vaccination” and a “Government issued ID”.
- If you have not been fully vaccinated, we invite you to join in worship virtually with us and others.
- At the present time those provincially exempt are the exception.
- The Sanctuary will be thoroughly cleaned before worship.
- As you enter the building, you must wear a mask and sanitize your hands at the door with the solution provided.
- Everyone will need to register at the door with your Proof of Vaccination, Government issued ID, your name, and a telephone contact number. An Elder will take the information, ask you the Covid-19 Questions below and the information will be securely kept in the office for 3 weeks and then destroyed.
- While wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth, you will be escorted to a seat in the Sanctuary and we ask that you remain there, masked, until you leave the building.
- Those leading in worship, may remove their mask for their leadership period.
- We ask that you remain seated after worship and leave the Sanctuary in an orderly fashion from the back to the front.
COVID – 19 QUESTIONS
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, entrance will not be permitted.
- In the past 48 hours, have you had, or are you currently experiencing:
- Cough (new or worsening)
- Two or more of the following (new of worsening)
- Fever (chills, sweats)
- Sore throat
- Runny nose/nasal congestion
- Have you traveled outside Nova Scotia in the past 14 days?
- If yes, based on your vaccination status have you been instructed to isolate for 7 or 14 days?
- If yes, have you completed that mandatory isolation?
- In the past 14 days have you been advised by Public Health that you are a close contact of someone who has or is suspected of having Covid-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you been to any location identified by Public Health as a Covid-19 exposure site?
- Are you scheduled to get a Covid-19 test, or currently waiting for results of a test, related to symptom(s) or an exposure?
The Rev. Ivan Gregan and the Session of Port Wallis United Church